Director of Development
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development
Supervises: Sr. Manager, Development Operations
Manager, Foundation Relations
Senior Development Officer
Status: Exempt - Full Time
The Director of Development is responsible for key areas within NJPAC’s Development Department including development operations, institutional giving, planned giving and involvement with the Capital Campaign. The Director works closely with the Senior Vice President of Development as a thought and project leader in development and fundraising initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Development Operations team to ensure that gift recording and acknowledgements are done efficiently and in a timely manner. In particular, ensuring that daily and weekly reports of gifts are accurate and thorough in the information they provide.
- Direct Manager of Foundation Relations to ensure deadlines for submission of proposals as well as interim reports are met. In addition, works to identify prospective new institutional donors.
- Build the Planning Giving program with a focus on deferred gifts especially bequest expectancies.
- Direct Senior Development Officer whose primary responsibility is to identify, solicit and steward Individual gifts (Vanguard level and above) with a focus on Planned Giving especially as part of the Campaign.
- Solicit and steward a portfolio of donors, both individual and institutional, who have the potential to be major givers to the Annual Fund and/or Campaign.
- Work closely with Sr. VP of Development in oversight of Board Giving and communications.
- Staff Development Committee, in coordination with Sr. VP of Development, creating agenda and materials in advance of meetings. This work is done in collaboration with the entire Development senior team.
- Staff Nominating and Governance, in coordination with Sr. VP of Development, creating agenda and materials in advance of meetings.
- Assist Sr. VP of Development with oversight of the Capital Campaign, including preparation of written materials; maintenance of tracking documents and giving schedules; and preparation of reports for donors and Board members.
- Oversee creation and update of donor acknowledgements materials (i.e. banners, donor listings in Program Book and website).
- Lead Development Department budget each fiscal year, including tracking of expenses and requirements associated with revenue allocation and budgeting.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience in a non-pro-profit organization, performing arts or higher educational institution is a plus. ‘
- Experience as a senior team member in leading a comprehensive development operation with oversight of gift processing, donor stewardship and cultivation.
- Proven track record in cultivating and soliciting a portfolio of donors, both individual and institutional.
- Successful experience working with volunteer leaders, board members and organizational leadership.
- Strong strategic, project management, organization and administrative skills to lead a variety of projects and programs.
- Excellent management skills and team building with the ability to recruit exceptional staff.
- Experience with Planned Giving.
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects at one time.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail). Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer