Reports To: Director of Facilities and Capital Projects
Status: Exempt - Full Time
Supervises: Staff House Painter, Facility Maintenance Contractors & Operations Vendors & Project Contractors (as assigned)
The Facility Supervisor (FS) will manage the day-to-day maintenance and site operations of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) facilities and grounds, including parking facilities and adjacent areas. The FS manages multiple staff and vendors who are responsible for painting operations, housekeeping, pest control, vending services and is responsible for the coordination, management and inventory of all office equipment and furnishings including copier vendor management. Must be available evenings, weekends, and work events and supervise off hour project work as needed. Will assist the Director of Facilities in the daily management of landscaping, snow removal, and waste removal. FS also acts as project manager on related maintenance and capital improvement projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily maintenance, operations, and budgets of all NJPAC facilities, vendors and support staff including, but not limited to: Housekeeping (inside & out), refuse removal and recycling program, pest control, painting, office equipment/furnishing and signage and assist with landscaping/snow removal.
- Supervise staff and vendors during various events as needed to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and to provide operational support as needed.
- Supervise all related vendor contracts on a day to day basis with an emphasis on improving operational efficiencies and budgets. (office equipment, pest control, landscaping/snow removal etc.)
- Manage Maintenance and Capital Improvement projects as assigned.
- Supervise as necessary a painting and refurbishing program for the interior and exterior of the building, equipment and furnishings.
- Maintain inventory and maintenance control logs on all facilities, furnishings and equipment including the ordering of all necessary supplies.
- Manage the vending machine/soda machine contracts.
- Manage all office copiers, printers and FOH furniture inventory, allocation and office relocation moves.
- Manage all floor covering maintenance and inventory.
- Perform any and all assigned duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required or combination of education with equivilant years of work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in facility and grounds operations and management, contract administration, budget management, operations or property management.
- Experience working in an event or performance venue desired.
- Experience with payroll preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, ADA, federal, state and local codes.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer skills with an emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Must be flexible on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Additional tasks as needed.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail). Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer