Manager, Research & Prospect Management
The Manager of Research & Prospect Management directs the prospect management process for NJPAC. The Manager identifies and compiles new individual and institutional prospects from various sources, brings those to prospect meetings for review and assignment, and monitors the qualification process. The Manager prepares research profiles as requested in preparation for cultivation and solicitation visits. Working as a member of the Development team, the Manager must have experience with fundraising database software and its uses as an effective prospect management and tracking tool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and screens new prospects and helps expand, organize and prioritize the prospect pool looking at various constituencies (donors, ticket buyers, etc.)
- Assigns new prospects/suspects for qualification by prospect managers and monitors progress in Raiser’s Edge.
- Leads electronic wealth screening projects, analyzes results and integrates into prospect pipeline
- Implements research and prospect management policies and procedures and builds prospect manager portfolios
- Tracks the major gift pipeline through the management of proposals and generates reports for review; generates action reports to track recent donor activity under portfolio management
- Runs monthly prospect management meetings
- Researches top prospects and communicates information related to donor interests, relationships, and other areas that inform fundraising strategies
- Prepares research reports for all Development events.
- Alerts Prospect managers to interesting prospects/suspects that are attending performances or dining in the NJPAC restaurant pre-performance.
- Prepares concise briefings for Executive Leadership, Development staff, and volunteers for the purposes of donor cultivation and solicitation
- Provides Bboard of Directors candidate research and maintains profiles on Board of Directors
- Utilizes publicly available data and modeling tools to evaluate prospect capacity and inclination and suggests ask amounts
- Establishes research methodologies and data gathering formats relevant to specific requests and projects; disseminates prospect and donor news alerts effectively to Development and Executive Leadership
- Participates in professional organizations (Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement, etc.) and networks with colleagues to share information
- Keeps on top of the latest trends in prospect research and identifies new research tools and resources
- Manages research budget and communicates with vendors
- Supports special projects and performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Manages intern(s)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in prospect research or a related field (competitive/business intelligence, market research or library science), preferably in a performing arts organization or higher education institution
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in conducting comprehensive research and producing in-depth prospect analysis and profiles
- Knowledge of research techniques, methodology, and online and print resources, including commercial databases (Lexis-Nexis, etc.) to identify prospects through constituent list segmentation, push technology, electronic database screening, and peer screening
- Understanding of wealth indicators and market trends, interpretation of financial data
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with relational database software (preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) with a CRM component and electronic database screening/modeling.
- Strong ethical sense to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
No phone calls. Please e-mail resume to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).