P/T Assistant Bursar
Department: Arts Education
Reports To: Senior Manager of Business Operations, Bursar
Status: Part-Time (20 hours)
This position is Part-Time. Hours are flexible Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00am-5:00pm with occasional evening and Saturday hours, as needed. The Assistant Bursar will work in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Business Operations, Bursar and the finance department to provide functional and operational guidance for the Arts Education Department’s tuition and fee collections. The position’s primary responsibilities are developing and implementing processes to improve collection policies and procedures for all Arts Education Programs including all functions of the billing, collection, deposit, disbursement and record maintenance of all accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Assistant Bursar shall include:
- Create and implement effective and efficient process for collecting tuition and fees
- Process and review account adjustments
- Participate in the reconciliation of Arts Education records to ensure complete agreement of billing, receipts, disbursements and outstanding balances
- Create and send invoices for all Arts Education Programs
- Point person for any calls relating to invoices sent to schools and parents
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining all School & Community Programs and SchoolTime Performances accounts
- Collect tuition, fee payments and Purchase Orders
- Follow up on outstanding balances
- Primary liaison between the Arts Education and Finance Departments regarding collecting operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years previous experience in accounting/accounts receivable and collections
- Ability to work flexible hours, evening and weekends as needed
- Ability to deal professionally with a diverse constituency
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Independent creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Computer proficiency required, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in various computer platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively and respectfully with others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as requested
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail). Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer