SENIOR MANAGER BUSINESS OPERATIONS, BURSAR
Department: Arts Education
Reports To: Assistant Vice President of Arts Education Operations
Status: Exempt / Full-Time
Supervises: Coordinator, Program Registration and Operations and
The Senior Manager of Business Operations, Bursar will work to develop and streamline processes for the arts education department in the areas including but not limited to financial management, operations, faculty payroll, and database management for the Arts Education Department. The position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness while contributing to the development of departmental policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Subject to the policies and management direction established by the Vice President of Arts Education, the duties of the Senior Manager of Business Operation, Bursar shall include but are not limited to:
Financial Management (50%)
- Oversee and reconcile monthly financial activity for the Arts Education department.
- Prepare monthly projections for review by the AVP, Arts Education Operations and Finance department.
- Work in collaboration with Arts Education Senior Managers to create program budgets.
- Collaborate with the VP and AVP to ensure that the Arts Education Department remains within budget.
- Ensures Finance Department’s requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner.
- Oversees departmental faculty payroll prior to submission to the finance department.
- Manage Financial Aid process that appropriately aligns with Arts Education students and families.
- Ensure responsible and effective process of all Arts Education accounts.
- Collaborates with the Development department to ensure that allocated funds meet grant guidelines.
- Manage and oversee ticketing and reports for the SchoolTime performance series in the Archtics system.
- Primary lead for research and design of electronic platforms including training of key arts education staff members.
- Develop and implement systems that streamline processes for the department.
- Work with Senior Manager School and Community Programs to design effective and appropriate registration platform.
- Oversee implementation of registration platform and manage process.
- In collaboration with the AVP of Arts Education Operations, develop work flow processes and staff training.
Data Management (10%)
- Maintain enrollment data for all required program statistics.
- Analyze and report on inquiry data from all prospective schools and students.
- Provide Development department with the necessary statistics required for grant reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or arts related field.
- At least five (5) years administrative experience required.
- Experience in budget management.
- Excellent organizational, database management and computer skills.
- Possess strong research and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially comfortable with Excel.
- Experience with Arts Vision and Archtics system a plus.
- Ability to learn various proprietary technology platforms.
- Attention to detail, focused approach to accomplish departmental goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively and respectfully with others.
- Strong computer skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software required. Experience with Arts Vision is helpful.
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer