Community Impact Coordinator
Department: Community Engagement
Reports To: Producer, Community Engagement
Status: Part-time (non-exempt)
The Community Engagement presented, hosted or participated in over 200 events in FY 16-17. The management of each event takes coordination for acquiring collateral, confirming details for successful execution and follow-up. The two producers are very involved in these daily tasks which do not allow time for them to create new opportunities or engage with new communities. With the ever expanding programming here at NJPAC, there are opportunities to cultivate more diverse audiences, including our Asian and Indian communities, as well as expand audiences for classical music programming.
Assist with grassroots audience research, outreach and development of deeper relationships with community engagement partners and patrons. Research and prospect new off-site events, advisory council members, and promotional partners with an emphasis on: student populations, young professionals, Latino, Asian, Indian, LGBTQ, Faith Based and genre-specific groups (Dance, Jazz, Classical, Gospel).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact community partners and identify opportunities for upcoming promotions, partnerships, and event participation and/or collaboration
- Assist with data entry and database clean up and Salesforce management
- Assist with packaging marketing materials for the department’s offsite events and drop off materials in the hyperlocal area as needed.
- Manage department calendar, prepare and disseminate promotional information via email and social media to engage community partners.
- Support Producers and Senior Advisor in advancing internal and external Community Engagement events logistically.
- Assist with advancing creative marketing solutions to achieve audience development for NJPAC performances and community engagement goals.
- Create Google forms to RSVP community engagement guests attending events and manage the event registration forms and sign-in sheets
- Submit forms including NJPAC space requests for internal events, new and updated graphic designs, volunteer request forms and e-blast requests.
- General administrative duties as requested including sharing programming collateral and acquiring Arts Education collateral to community partners.
- Must commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Media Arts, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing Majors preferred
- Strong initiative and ability to work effectively in a fast paced, non-profit arts environment
- Fluency in English, bi-lingual a plus
- Proficiency in Windows based environment including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Internet
- A high level of motivation and energy
- Access to own transportation
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer