Director of Customer Relationship Management
Company: New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Department: Customer Relationship Management
Reports To: EVP and COO
Supervises: Database Manager – Customer Relationship Management
Status: Exempt – Full Time
The Director of CRM is responsible for the overall design, implementation, ongoing management and functionality of the NJPAC Salesforce database (currently in development). In the short term, the main focus of this role is to manage the design and implementation of Salesforce as the CRM system that integrates data currently in separate databases including Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Ticketmaster Archtics, Ticketmaster Host, Saleforce, spreadsheets and external sources. Once implementation and design is complete, the Director will oversee the roadmap, platform and data needs with respect to customers for the entire organization, including donors, ticket-buyers, students, and other community stakeholders. Associated responsibilities include setting up and training new users, developing reports and dashboards for end users, researching and integrating apps to utilize with Salesforce, troubleshooting problems, and proactively identifying opportunities to improve our understanding of the NJPAC customer. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker who knows how to leverage data and design systems to enable more thoughtful communications and increase sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the migration of ticketing and development data into Salesforce in collaboration with external consultant.
- Understand the business of each area of the organization in order to ensure best practices within Salesforce as well as necessary database fields and reports
- Grow the CRM functionality across the entire organization
- Oversee day-to-day management, configuration and optimization of Salesforce
- Develop and maintain internal policies and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of the database
- Develop work flows to help automate processes by working with staff to identify needs
- Develop and oversee training system for all users of the databas
- Oversee support for all users and troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed
- Manage user requests for customization and development as well as user maintenance, permission, profiles and roles
- Advise on new ideas to increase customer engagement and improve data processes through our CRM system
- Work closely with Finance and Gift Processing teams to ensure proper gift entry, acknowledgements and general ledger processing
- Support information and computer systems as needed to maintain functionality and results of Salesforce
- Develop KPIs and provide analysis and reporting for key departments throughout the organization
- Work with Marketing and Development to help develop personalized journey maps, test strategies, and marketing campaigns
- Manage Database Manager and work with IT project team
- Perform other duties and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Experience with both initial design and ongoing maintenance with Salesforce or similar CRM database
- Experience with integrating data from multiple sources to one platform
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to listen and interpret business needs and convert them into technical specifications
- Experience presenting technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Accountability for results
- Ability to manage large volume of database users
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with collaboration and customer service attitude
- Experience in ticketing and fundraising environment a plus
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer