Manager, Foundation Relations
Reports To: Director of Development
Status: Exempt - Full Time
The Manager, Foundation Relations assists the Director of Development in maintaining and growing overall institutional giving to the Arts Center. The Manager, Foundation Relations must possess excellent writing and communication skills as s/he will be responsible for creating proposals, reports and acknowledgements to help strengthen NJPAC’s relationships with current and prospective donors—primarily foundations, corporate foundations, philanthropic programs, and government entities. S/he maintains an accurate calendar of deadlines in Raiser’s Edge related to foundation, corporate and government proposals; gathers information cross-departmentally such as program details, digital images, and financial data; and writes proposals and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare compelling grant proposals, compliance documentation, and comprehensive final reports for annual and campaign gifts to foundation and government funders.
- Draft thoughtful gift acknowledgements within 2 business days.
- Configure financial budgets for proposals and reports.
- Maintain a calendar of tasks and deadlines in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of foundation donors, corporate foundation and large corporate philanthropy programs, and government agencies.
- Assist in other Development Department writing projects and presentations as needed.
- Provide support during occasional development events before and after hours
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong writing skills with an excellent command of grammar, syntax and style.
- The ability to compose presentations of varying length and complexity including original narratives, occasional graphics and financial spreadsheets.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to anticipate and meet strict deadlines.
- Three to five years demonstrated experience in a professional non-profit development office.
- Familiarity with grant writing and non-profit fundraising from foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in Word and Excel. Experience with Raiser’s Edge fund raising software preferred.
- Flexibility, ingenuity and a team player is required.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer