Part-Time Box Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Services
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Box Office
STATUS: Non Exempt- Part Time (approx. 25 hrs/wk Mon, Tues & select performances)
The New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) Ticket Services department is responsible for all subscription and single ticket, parking, and gift certificate sales for the majority of performances presented annually at NJPAC. This includes providing
The Part-Time Box Office Manager oversee all required Box Office daytime and performance activities that are inclusive of the Ticket Services organization. This team functions under the direction of the NJPAC Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the box office part-time representatives and curtain time casual employees.
- Assist with and manage (in the Associate Director’s absence) box office events evenings and weekends as needed, including but not limited to customer service, sales, will call preparation, will call disbursement, queue line management, event reports, satellite box offices and box office internal staff.
- Reconciles and balance representatives’ drawer reports, cash advances and parking stickers and pass at end of day shifts, prepares daily closeout and resets cash advances.
- Work with Associate Director (Box Office) and House Management to ensure that events run smoothly.
- Performs end of day sales reports and submits for distribution and review.
- Asssists Associate Director with preparation of deposits for armored car service and daily settlement reports to finance.
- Fulfills ticket order requests from internal NJPAC departments.
- Manages consignments for NJPAC/NJSO co-shares and prepares and distributes customer lists to NJSO for NJSO performances sold by NJPAC.
- Loads new performances into Fan Users.
- Responds to active calls and voice mails on customer service line with the goal of returning all calls within 24 hours.
- Reponds daily to customer service emails sent to [email protected]
- Resolve customer service issues escalated by box office staff.
- Uploads ADA, Curbside parking and Seat book reports to Documents section of ArtsVision.
- Updates CIC information for the week.
- Ensure the timely completion of all box office activities such as order processing, customer call backs, and charge back reconciliation.
- Assist in the development and training of representatives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Night and weekend work required.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Communications or Management; a 4 year college degree is preferred
- Two to three years’ experience in Box Office Operations in a Performing Arts Center or live events environment, required
- Experience in use of Ticketmaster and Archtics, or ticketing systems such as Paciolan or Tessitura preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as strong organization and customer relationship skills needed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing situations on deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects individually, as well as within a team
- Prior experience with CRM and/or scheduling software a plus
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail). Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer