Company: New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: VP, Human Resources
Status: Full Time
The Receptionist manages internal and external communication at the front desk and is the first point of contact for guests to the offices of the Arts Center. The Office Assistant is responsible for ordering supplies and providing back up support for the HR Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive guests at main office and provide initial hospitality; validate visitors parking tickets.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls, provide information to callers, take and relay messages.
- Ensure reception is covered during absenses and breaks.
- Restock brochures on wall display.
- Keep track of location of NJPAC staff; know when and how to transfer calls.
- Train volunteers and staff members to adequately cover switchboard.
- Review and process ticket donation requests and ad journals.
- Assist various departments with mailings if it does not interfere with above duties.
Office Assistant Duties:
- Code and review invoices.
- Download and sort resumes according to position and department.
- Run background checks.
- Maintain internal phone list.
- Order business cards/personalized letterhead.
- Maintain inventory of new hire and candidate packets.
- Manage requests from non-profits for ticket donations.
- Send congratulations/condolence acknowledgements on behalf of NJPAC.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies for different departments.
- Maintain adequate stock of hot and cold beverages for executive kitchen.
- Order kitchen supplies for Main office and Center for Arts Education.
- Assist in various projects as needed.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
Previous telephone console experience desired.
Ability to learn and use Avaya telephone system.
Ability to remember user preferences in message-taking and user location.
Courteous telephone manner, even when rushed.
Ability to handle multiple contacts at one time.
Ability to use discretion and good judgment when providing information and permitting access to offices.
Neat and professional at all times, including organization skills to maintain a clean workspace.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Some previous purchasing or office management experience preferred
Good communication skills and courteous telephone manner.
Computer literate in Word, knowledge of Excel a plus.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
If you are interested, please email your resume with salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your email) Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls please. If your background is suitable, someone from our office will contact you for an interview. We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer