NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ELECT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CONTESTANT IN THE GAMEPLAY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SHOW. PURCHASE OF INTERNET ACCESS TO WATCH THE SHOW WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE IN THE EVENT YOU ELECT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CONTESTANT IN ANY GAMEPLAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SHOW.
IN THE EVENT YOU ELECT TO ACT AS A CONTESTANT IN ANY SHOW, YOU HEREBY AGREE AND CONSENT TO THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”), AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR PARTICIPATION AS A CONTESTANT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE FOLLOWING:
“Host My Game Night” is produced and sponsored by New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Newark, New Jersey (“NJPAC”).
- “Venue” shall mean the specific website location where the individual views the Show and may register for any related Game Play.
- “Producer” and “Sponsor” shall mean NJPAC.
- “Show” shall mean the “Host My Game Night” web shows produced by NJPAC.
- “Eligible Individual” shall mean individuals who meet all criteria as set out in Official Rule #8 below.
- “Contestant” shall mean Eligible Individuals who elect to participate as a contestant in the Game Play of any Show.
- “Game Play” shall include all on-line gameplay associated with the Show, as well as any
audience giveaways as may be provided by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The purpose of these Official Rules is to govern the Game Play associated with the Show through which Eligible Individuals can receive prizes through the gameplay described below.
- Each Show, including audience warm-up, if any, will run approximately ninety (90) minutes.
- All prize values in these Official Rules are in US dollars.
- The Game Play is subject to applicable federal, state, and municipal rules and regulations and all aspects of the Game Play are subject to the approval of the appropriate regulatory authorities. Void where prohibited or restricted by law
- There is no additional purchase required to participate in any Game Play, and the purchase of a ticket to view the Show will not be considered a factor in determining Show Contestants. Only those who possess a valid ticket will be allowed access to the Venue to watch the Show and elect or decline to participate in any related Game Play, if eligible.
- All Showtimes are approximate. Venue and Producer reserve the right to modify Show times when
there are extenuating and/or unforeseen circumstances.
- “Eligible Individual” shall be defined as an individual resident of the 50 United States (including Washington D.C., but specifically excluding any territories or possessions listed in Official Rule 8.b.v below) who has registered with the Producer who:
- is 18 or older, and the age of majority in the state, territory or possession where the Show is held;
- is not deemed ineligible under Official Rule 8.b; and
iii. has and presents on request a valid form of government-issued photo ID, such as passport, driver’s license, or other identification;
- The following individuals are not eligible:
- Employees or former employees (within the past year), directors or officers of NJPAC, Venues, and/or booking agent(s) for Venues or any promotional agency, advertising agency or prize supplier involved with the Show or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and Immediate Family members of these employees or sharing the same residence with any employee involved in coordinating/executing promotions or tournaments. As used herein, “Immediate Family” is defined as: mother, father, spouse, domestic partner, children, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-parents, step-children, sister, brother, grandmother, grandfather, grandchildren, and any relative or other person residing in the employee’s place of residence. Vendors, partners or anyone having a business relationship with NJPAC or anyone NJPAC deems to have an unfair advantage in the Game Play are also ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Any members of the media associated with advance press and reviews to promote the
iii. Individuals who have received complimentary tickets in exchange for any good, service and/or pre-existing relationship, provided, however, individuals who may have won complimentary tickets in connection with sponsorships or promotions shall be eligible to participate provided they meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Those who have been prohibited from access to the Venue and/or any other properties owned or operated by the Venue.
- Individuals who are residents of Puerto Rico. However, individuals residing in this territory may view the Show as non-Contestant ticket holders.
- Any prize winners who fail to meet the eligibility requirements must forfeit any prizes that they would otherwise have won while participating in the Promotion and the prize will not be awarded. All decisions of the Producer regarding the interpretation of Official Rules, eligibility, gameplay, the order in which contestants compete, or any other aspect of the Show will be final and binding on all participants without appeal.
- Venue and Producer reserve the right to modify or cancel the Game Play at any time, for any reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval, if required.
- Eligible Individuals are responsible for any and all applicable taxes as may arise from participation in the
Game Play and/or winning a prize.
- Venue and Producer are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, incomplete or illegible Registration Forms nor for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or computer or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Venue, Producer, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent an Eligible Individual’s ability to participate in the Promotion. All Registration Forms become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- If for any reason the Game Play and/or Show is not capable of running as planned, or an event beyond the control of Venue or Producer corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Game Play, Venue and Producer reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game Play and/or Show.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation
of the Game Play, and/or Show may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Venue and Producer reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Venue and Producer are not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Game Play and/or Show and are not liable for events or errors by employees for negligent conduct and are not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- By participating in the Game Play, Eligible Individuals agree to these Official Rules. Venue or Producer may disqualify any person based on fraud, dishonesty, violation of Official Rules, or other misconduct, whether or not directly related to the Game Play.
Viewing the Show:
- Each person who accesses the Venue to watch the Show must have a valid ticket.
- Ticket holders must register separately to act as a Contestant in the Game Play.
The purchase of a ticket does not constitute registration into the contestant pool, nor does it guarantee that the ticket holder will be eligible to play as a Contestant.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-replaceable. Venue and Producer are not responsible for lost, forgotten, or stolen tickets. Tickets are subject to review and verification.
- Venue and Producer reserve the right to distribute additional tickets via advertising, direct mail, or other promotional means.
- Each Eligible Individual who wishes to participate in the Game Play must complete a registration form (“Registration Form”) via the internet website link, which includes the individual’s full name and date of birth. Eligible Individuals may only register once for each Show.
- The registration link will be emailed at least 48 hours prior to the schedule Showtime and will close fifteen (15) minutes before scheduled Showtime. The closing of the registration window can be extended at the discretion of the Producer. No individuals will be allowed to register after the registration window closes.
- Registration forms will be sent by NJPAC via email to the email address provided by ticket buyers. Showtimes are subject to change. An individual may only register once.
- When the name of a Contestant is announced, the person named must immediately make it known that they are present. If, after thirty (30) seconds, the Producer is unable to readily identify the person whose name was called as being present in the Venue, the Eligible Individual will be deemed absent and another Eligible Individual may be selected as a Contestant.
- In the event that an Eligible Individual is chosen by having his/her name randomly drawn, and does not
wish to play the game, s/he may forfeit their participation in the Show, and Producer may randomly select another Eligible Individual.
- In the event that an Eligible Individual is unable to play due to physical injury or physical or technical incapacity, said Eligible Individual may designate a proxy player to play on his/her behalf, provided such designated proxy player also meets the eligibility criteria set forth herein. All prizes won by the designee are the property of the original person whose name was selected.
Awarding of Prizing:
- Awarding of prizing is contingent verification that Contestant was an Eligible Individual by verifying age, residency and that the Eligible Individual was not deemed “ineligible” by virtue of any terms as set out in Official Rule #8 above. In the event that an ineligible person participates in the event and is potentially eligible for prizing, this person will be disqualified from winning the prize and the prize will be forfeited and will not be played for again.
- In order to be confirmed as the winner of any prize, Eligible Individuals must also complete and sign a standard release form, including a publicity release (where permitted by law), confirming compliance
with these promotion rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing NJPAC, Venue and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents, respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, sponsors, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any liability for any loss, harm, damages, claims, costs, causes of action or injury whatsoever including, but not limited to, personal injury, accident or death, property damage, disappointment or inconvenience arising from any act, omission or negligence whatsoever relating to this promotion as a result of participation in the event and/or the receipt, ownership, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
Show Details and Game Play Process:
- Each show will run approximately ninety (90) minutes.
- During each Show, the selected Contestant will have a chance to win prizes through the Game Play described below.
- Top prizes will be paid either in the form of Amazon Gift Card/NJPAC Gift Card emailed via on-line line links issued by the Producers and sent by mail to the address provided by the Contestant in the case of merchandise prizes.
- All winning Contestants will complete a prize redemption form following the Show.
- Each Game Play session will consist of games chosen at random at the emcee or host’s discretion, and may include, but are not limited to, games such as “Remember The Lyrics”, “Letter By Letter”,” Got A Match?”, ”Sudden Death Trivia”, “Word Search”, “Have You Seen This?”, “Hollywood Games”, and “Name That Tune”.
- Winners of individual Game Play sessions will have their names added to the prize wheel which is spun at the end of the Show to determine the Show prize winner(s). Contestants with the most entries of their name on the prize wheel will have an increased chance of winning prizes.
By participating in the Game Play, the individual grants to the Producer the right to use his/her likeness and registration information, including first name, last name and state/territory of residence (“Personal Information”) without further permission or compensation for the purpose of administering the Show and the Game Play. The Producer will use Personal Information to conduct any random contestant selection drawing and to confirm each selected individual’s eligibility, including by “scrubbing” his/her name against Producer’s internal databases to ensure that he/she is eligible to play. After the drawing and eligibility verification, the Producer shall promptly destroy all Registration Forms containing any Personal Information of registrants other than major prize winners whose Registration Forms will be destroyed once prize eligibility is confirmed.
By participating in the Game Play, individuals grant to Producer the right to use his/her Personal Information for the purposes set forth above and acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the Personal Information to third parties or service providers of the Sponsor in connection with the foregoing.
Unless prohibited by law, Producer may require an individual who has won a prize to complete and sign a publicity release granting Producer the right to use his/her personal information, including, without limitation, name, likeness, city/province, photographs or comments for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Show without compensation or further permission. Said release may also give Producer the right to license or permit third parties to use the individual’s personal information for matters relating to or associated with the Promotion or the Show.
By participating in the Show and any Game Play, each individual releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, claims, costs, causes of action or injury whatsoever including, but not limited to, personal injury, accident or death, property damage, disappointment or inconvenience arising from any act, omission or negligence whatsoever relating to the Show and Game Play or the receipt, ownership, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
The Game Play is subject to all applicable state and municipal laws where the Venue is located and federal laws of the United States.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any related materials including, but not limited to, any entry form or advertising collateral, the terms and provisions of these Official Rules shall prevail.