Plan Your Visit
Wait, this is Newark? (Yes, this is Newark)
We’re proud to be part of downtown Newark’s renaissance. Make plans today to visit NJPAC and discover why we’ve become the theater of choice for millions of arts and entertainment lovers across the region.
Buy your tickets now and start planning your visit. We can’t wait to meet you!
Am I required to check my bag?
To ensure the safety and comfort of our patrons, the following items are prohibited on NJPAC property. For safety reasons, guests will be refused entry onto NJPAC property if they are in possession of any prohibited item. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a patron is found on NJPAC property with any prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the patron may be ejected from the property. NJPAC property includes all buildings, performance venues, restaurants, outdoor and common areas, surface parking lots and the Military Park Garage.
- All bags are subject to search. Backpacks, suitcases, bags and women’s purses larger than 12” x 12” X 8” may not be taken into the theaters. Patrons carrying larger bags will be asked to bring them to the coat check at no charge and will be given a plastic bag for carrying select items, such as wallets and cell phones, into the theater. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Firearms, stun guns, cutting weapons, striking weapons, chemical weapons, fireworks, explosives, or any other dangerous or hazardous devices or weapons.
- Animals other than a registered service animal assisting persons with disabilities.
- Signs, posters, banners, balloons, flags, laser pointers/pens.
- Any item with offensive writing or images.
- Any food or beverage not purchased from an NJPAC approved vendor.
- Cans, bottles, glass or other beverage container.
- Illegal drugs.
- Aerosol cans.
- Any noisemaking device (i.e. whistles, air horns, drums, horns, vuvuzelas).
- Selfie sticks or GoPros.
- Cameras, video or audio equipment.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements etc.
- Pedi cycles, skateboards, roller blades/skates, hover boards, drones or other model aircraft or remote controlled device of any kind, may not be operated on NJPAC property.
- Any other item deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by NJPAC management.
*Please note the above list is subject to change at the discretion of NJPAC management*
NJPAC reserves the right to inspect and search persons entering NJPAC property and hand-carried items. Violators of this policy may be subject to ejection from NJPAC property and/or civil or criminal penalties.
It’s so easy to get to NJPAC, either by car or train.
Parking is fast and simple. It’s a mere 39 steps (we counted!) from our parking to our sparkling rotunda.
Enjoy dinner and drinks at Nico Kitchen + Bar and never worry about making it to your seat before the opening curtain again.
Want to stay overnight? Here are some great options.
Make a day of it. From the award-winning Newark Museum to the city’s historical Ironbound District, there’s plenty to explore and delight.
NJPAC was designed to make everyone’s visit as easy and rewarding as possible. Here’s how we can accommodate individuals with special needs.
Ever wonder what goes on behind-the-scenes? Take an expert-guided tour.
Still have questions? We have answers.