Manager, Individual Giving
New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) serves as a model for programming, audience diversity, education initiatives, and as a catalyst in returning nightlife and economic activity to its hometown of Newark, New Jersey. Proposed by former New Jersey Governor Thomas H. Kean in 1986, NJPAC raised its curtain on October 18, 1997, making it one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States.
NJPAC is a world-class and community-based cultural venue, showcasing the best artists of national and international acclaim as well as top artists from the State of New Jersey. Since its grand opening, NJPAC has attracted over 6 million patrons (including more than one million children), and welcomed renowned artists, cultural icons, two presidents, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and presented many of the world's most cherished orchestral, dance, theater, and popular artists.
We are presently recruiting for the position of Manager, Individual Giving
The Manager, Individual Giving, is responsible for managing the individual gifts program, Vanguard Society, which is comprised of donors who provide unrestricted annual support of $5,000+. The Manager is an active front-line fundraiser meeting and interacting regularly with NJPAC constituents. The Manager, Individual Giving identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards individual donors and prospects for philanthropic support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates the Vanguard Society individual annual giving program ($5,000-$25,000).
• Manages relationships with 150 to 200 assigned donors/prospects. Is active as a front-line fundraiser, meeting and interacting regularly with NJPAC constituents.
• Plans and implements cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to acquire, renew and upgrade Vanguard Society donors to achieve financial, contact and other goals.
• Writes acknowledgments, correspondence, proposals, reports, publications and other communications.
• In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, implements cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to acquire Planned Giving donors.
• Works with the CEO, donors and volunteer leaders to conduct solicitation and cultivation activities to secure Vanguard Society donors as assigned.
• Tracks prospect and donor contacts and moves management in Raiser’s Edge.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three to five years of relevant development experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work with wide array of personalities
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong creativity and initiative
• Possesses a self-starting, aggressive, results-oriented personality
• Team-oriented; good listening skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel; experience in Raiser's Edge a plus
No phone calls please. Please e-mail a cover letter addressing your interest in NJPAC and your qualifications for this position, along with a résumé and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify NJPAC's Human Resources Department. NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.