“Nico is all modern and sleek, and you needn’t dress up to visit, but the food and service lives up to that very high standard. A welcome addition to the north Jersey restaurant landscape for sure, that should be on your must-visit restaurant list. This is not just a place for when you have tickets to an NJPAC event. Although isn’t it nice to know that there is a restaurant worthy of taking a bow right outside the stage door?”
Modern American Cuisine by Chef Andrew Watterson
Welcome to NICO Kitchen + Bar, Newark’s sleekest dining destination. Enjoy Chef Andrew Watterson’s modern American cuisine featuring crisp salads, delicious sandwiches, inventive entrees, and a great selection of appetizers suitable for sharing.
Value-priced two-course and three-course prix fixe menus are also offered on performance nights and matinees, designed to come out of the kitchen quickly so guests can make their curtain if they arrive 90 minutes prior to show time.
NICO also offers a sophisticated, enjoyable Happy Hour with crafted cocktails and specially priced “bites.”
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30am to 3pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday, 4 to 7pm
$6 Select Cocktails + $5 Select Beers
$5 House Wines + Bar Bites Available
Winesdays: 1/2 price wine on Wednesdays, 4:30 to 8pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday until 9pm, Friday until 11pm
Saturday and Sunday: Dining in conjunction with performances
Step up to the ideal new pre-performance buffet-style dining option at NJPAC.
Tier 3 Café offers a value-priced, delicious, modern cuisine that has been thoughtfully hand crafted to complement the performance you will be enjoying, plus choice of a non-alcoholic beverage – all for a fixed price of only $24 per person (plus tax and gratuity).
Conveniently located in NJPAC’s Ryan Gallery on the Third Tier of Prudential Hall, Tier 3 Café offers a relaxed atmosphere and panoramic views of Theater Square. Cash bar is also available. Tier 3 Café is easily accessible, and open 2 hours prior to all New Jersey Symphony Orchestra Classical and POPS performances and prior to select NJPAC-presented performances in Prudential Hall.
Open for select performances only. View the schedule below for available dates.
- 10/6/17: The Temptations and The Four Tops: Open
- 10/12/17: David Cameron: New Jersey Speaker Series: Open
- 10/22/17: Orpheus Chamber Orchestra with pianist Andre Watts: Open
- 10/28/17: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Concert: Open
- 11/18/17: Itzhak Perlman and Pinchas Zukerman: Open
- 12/17/17: Handel's Messiah: Open
- 1/20/18: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra with Zukerman: Open
- 3/18/18: Academy of St. Martin in the Fields with Joshua Bell: Open
- 3/23/18: National Symphony Orchestra of Cuba: Open
- 3/24/18: Celtic Woman: Open
- 4/08/18: Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble: Open
- 5/05/18: London Symphony Orchestra: Open