Assistant Supervisor, Operations Support & Services
Department: Operations/Operations Support & Services
Reports To: Supervisor, Operations Support & Services
Status: Non Exempt –Full Time
The Assistant Supervisor for the Operations Support Staff is responsible for assisting the Supervisor, Operations Support & Services in the oversignt and hands on preparation of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) for various performances, special events and meetings, including setting up chairs, tables, and staging, applying appropriate skirting/linen as directed, operating audio/visual equipment, loading/unloading supplies, and performing any minor maintenance necessary prior, during and subsequent to events. This position also supports the supervision and operational needs of the facility. This postion requires heavy manual skill labor and custodial work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Supervisor, Operations Support & Services in overseeing the Ops Support Staff on the floor, as well as provide hands on preparation of set ups of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment and other portable furnishings/equipment necessary for a performance, banquet, conference, meeting and/or other events.
- Attend weekly events meetings and follow up with notes as needed.
- Assist the Supervisor, Operations Support & Services in training new hires and disciplining and evaluating the Operations Support Staff personnel.
- Execute maintenance and repairs of inventory, including broken tables, chairs, and other portable furnishings/equipment.
- Operate hand and power tools, and other mechanical apparatus.
- Provide back up coverage of mailroom operations, including pick-up, sorting and distributing of mail and packages.
- Load and unload supplies to assist in the staging of performances and special events, and meetings in FOH spaces.
- Prepare notes and maintain department log books and files.
- Manage and perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- At least one (1) year experience on the Operations Support Staff or equivalent experience.
- Must possess solid administrative and computer skills including Word, Excel & network communications.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects from 50 to 100 pounds. Must have knowledge of the safest methods to be used in performing heavy manual labor.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform manual and custodial tasks over extended periods of time, often under deadlines.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer