AVP & Controller
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: VP & CFO
We are looking for an experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including non-profit accounting, endowment reporting, cash forecasting and management, along with automating and upgrading the existing financial controls and accounting procedures to ensure the organization’s accounting functions are all properly executed in a timely and accurate manner. The position will be responsible for leading and managing two direct reports - Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Managing finance and accounting operations with direct oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparing the annual audit reports, Forms 990, filing annual State renewal registration forms and other governmental reports.
- Managing compliance with bank covenants and quarterly reporting.
- Managing daily cash, revolving credit, and reviewing cash projections.
- Managing monthly and annual general ledger closing including the review of journal entries, vendor payments, receivables, performance settlements, bank reconciliations, account analyses, and fixed assets
- Serving as staff to the Investment Committee by attending meetings and coordinating the accounting for endowment investments.
- Documenting, automating and improving financial accounting controls and monitoring compliance.
- Ensuring processes are effective and efficient
- A degree in finance or accounting (Non-Profit experience a plus)
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of finance supervisory experience.
- Experience with annual Audits (required) and Form 990 (preferred)
- Strong computer skills in Excel and General Ledger (MS Dynamics a plus).
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and organized
- Accuracy with work, accountability for work
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly with senior leaders.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, salary requirements and cover letter to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer