Corporate Giving Officer
Reports To: Director, Corporate Relations and Sponsorships
Status: Exempt- Full Time
The Corporate Giving Officer is a key member of NJPAC’s development team who assists in the management of corporate giving at the Arts Center. This role is responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of new Business Partners as well as renewal of current corporate donors. The Corporate Giving Officer will have a particular focus on retention as well as growth of revenue and overseeing strategies of pipeline building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Corporate Relations to identify potential corporate sources of support and implement strategies to generate revenue.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects. Be an active front-line fundraiser in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate donors.
- Manage the small to mid-level Business Partners at the Encore Level and Composers Circle ($5,000-$25,000) , including renewals, correspondence, acknowledgements and proposals.
- Oversee cultivation and stewardship of Business Partners with the focus of increasing gifts, building value and a pipeline of sponsorship prospects in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Relations and Sponsorships.
- Implement strategies to generate a pipeline of qualified prospects and new Business Partners.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Corporate Relations on building attendance for the Business Partner Roundtables with prospects and current Business Partners
- Support the marketing and execution of the Business Partners Roundtables
- Work closely with the Women’s Association and Development Events team to maximize Business Partners and engagement opportunities for special fundraising events (i.e. Spotlight Gala and Spring Luncheon).
- Partner with the Director of Research to identify new prospects.
- Support special projects related to corporate donors when necessary.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fundraising work preferably in the corporate giving sector.
- Strong sales skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Possesses an ability to take initiative and network.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Team-oriented management style.
- Be a self-starter with a results-oriented and high productive work-style.
- Experience with donor database and customer relations systems a plus.
- Strong ethical sense to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner.
- Able to operate with individual initiative and creativity, adapting to diverse personalities.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer