Operations Support & Services Staff
Department: Operations/Operations Support and Services
Reports To: Senior Supervisor, Operations Support Staff
Status: Non-Exempt -Full Time
The Operations Support Staff is responsible for preparing the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) for various performances, special events and meetings, including setting up chairs, tables, and staging, applying appropriate skirting/linen as directed, operating audio/visual equipment, loading/unloading supplies, and performing any minor maintenance necessary prior, during and subsequent to events. This position also supports the operational needs of the facility in addition to supporting Mailroom operations. This postion requires heavy manual skill labor and custodial work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform set ups of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment and other portable furnishings/equipment necessary for a performance, banquet, conference, meeting and/or other events.
- Replace supplies and other expendable items and do minor repair work of an emergency nature on broken tables, chairs, and other portable furnishings/equipment.
- Provide back up for mailroom operations, including pick-up, sorting and distributing of mail and packages.
- Load and unload supplies to assist in the staging of performances and special events, and meetings in FOH spaces.
- Operate hand and power tools, and other mechanical apparatus.
- Prepare notes and maintain department log books and files.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working at a stage, banquet, concert, hotel or convention center preferred.
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects from 50 to 100 pounds. Must have knowledge of the safest methods to be used in performing heavy manual labor.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform manual and custodial tasks over extended periods of time, often under deadlines.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail).
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer