Date: December 1 – December 22
Venue: Streaming virtually on demand
Package A: Schooltime Lite – $75.00 per classroom
Package B: Schooltime Deep – $125.00 per classroom
Performing Arts Focus: Theater
Curriculum: Theater, Music, Literacy (Oral Stories), Storytelling
Teacher Resource Guide
Produced by Children’s Theatre of Charlotte and Experiential Theater Company
Meet Jay and Will Grimmz, the hip-hop dance-pop sensation. The brothers put a modern spin on classic fables like Snow White and the Seven Shawties, Down with Rapunzel, Hanzel & Gretel: Lost in the Hood, and their featured first “Granny”-winning song, Break, Cinderella, Break! Your students will love seeing hip-hop versions of familiar fairy tales in this professional recording of a live performance. This crowd-pleasing show offers singing, dancing, rapping, and timely life lessons for today’s kids. Written by Christopher Parks, Rahsheem Shabazz, and Ron Lee McGill, this show received a Drama League Award nomination for Outstanding Digital Theater, Individual Production.
What you get:
- A private link with streaming access to film on NJPAC website
- Teacher Resource Guide
- Virtual Q&A with artists
Package A: Schooltime Lite Performance Video Rental includes:
- A link for the Production video rental.
Each video will be approximately 20 minutes in length in order to support the challenges of virtual learning.
- A link for a Q&A discussion with members of Grimmz Fairy Tales.
A pre-recorded Q & A for students to connect with the artists, learn more about their lives and their work. Schools will receive a google form link to ask questions to the artist. The pre-recorded link will be provided after the video rental time.
- Teacher Resource Curriculum Guide created to unpack the themes and curricular ties around the documentary.
Package B: Schooltime Deep -Performance Video Rental includes:
- Includes everything listed under Schooltime Lite plan plus: Two 1-hour live-streamed workshops** with an NJPAC Faculty member, one prior to the performance and one post-performance, to unpack the themes and bring the lesson plans featured in the Teacher Resource Guide to life.
Audiences will be able to stream the video online for the full duration of the rental period.
(Classroom size: max 25 students)
In-School Residencies You May Also Enjoy
Hip Hop & Storytelling Through Drama