Ready when you are
Our doors are open for safe in-person shows
Your safety is our priority. Since the pandemic began, we’ve collaborated with medical professionals, invested in venue upgrades, and put new procedures in place to protect our guests, staff, volunteers, and artists. As of May 9, 2022, proof of vaccination status or results of a negative covid-19 test are no longer required of audience members. Masks are encouraged but not required. These policies may vary with some performances. Tickets holders will be notified by email the week of their performance about current policy. Prior to attending the performance, please go to the specific performance page on our website for covid updates due to artist requirements.
You can feel safe knowing our premium HVAC system exceeds industry standards for virus filtration and our cleaning processes follow all CDC recommendations. We’re continuing to update our policies to reflect the latest rules and regulations, so check this page before your show to make sure you’re up to date.
Here’s how we’re keeping you safe:
EVENTS AND PERFORMANCES AT NJPAC
- Check your email. We’ll tell you everything you need to know before you arrive.
- Prior to attending a performance, please go to the specific performance page on our website for covid updates due to artist requirements.
- Masks are encouraged but not required.
- As of May 9, 2022, proof of vaccination status or results of a negative covid-19 test are no longer required of audience members.
- Self-scan your ticket on your mobile device, your print-at-home ticket, or a traditional ticket at one of our touchless ticket scanning stands.
- Sanitize. Use our hand sanitizer stations or touchless restroom sinks.
OUTDOOR EVENTS AT NJPAC
Your safety is our priority. All guests must have no COVID-19 symptoms for the past two weeks. Masks are not required. Events will have limited capacities with 50% capacity reserved for vaccinated guests. The Essex County vaccine truck will also be on-site offering free vaccines to interested guests.
- Monitor your health. If you don’t feel well, have exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days, have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, please stay home.
- No bags, backpacks, or coolers. Anything larger than a small purse will not be allowed.
- Health Screening. We’ll complete a verbal health questionnaire right at the door.
- Be patient. Entry procedures may take additional time.
- Follow the rules. Obey posted signs and the instructions of security guards and NJPAC staff. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the premises if you don’t follow the rules.
Arts Education programs at NJPAC
Your safety is our priority. Since the pandemic began, we’ve collaborated with medical professionals, invested in building upgrades, and put new procedures in place to protect our guests, staff, volunteers, and faculty. Just a few things you might want to know: Faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated. For Schooltime performances, no vaccinations or tests are required, masks are encouraged. For Summer and Saturday programs, students must be vaccinated, and masks are encouraged. And you can feel safe knowing our HVAC system meets industry standards for virus ionization and filtration and our cleaning processes follow all CDC recommendations. Further details on program protocols are here and specific details on procedures are shared upon completed registration and during program orientations.
If your show is canceled because of the pandemic, tickets purchased directly through NJPAC will be refunded in full, including all fees. (Does not apply to tickets purchased from third party sources or resellers.)
If your show is rescheduled because of the pandemic, we’ll notify you of the new show date. Your current tickets will be honored for the new date. (Can’t attend the new date? You can exchange your tickets or request a full refund.)
- All sales are final. There are no refunds unless the performance is canceled.
- Tickets are valid only for the event, date, time, venue, and seat indicated. Please check your tickets before leaving the box office.
- All ticket sales are subject to handling charges.
- Box Office accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA as well as cash for payment of tickets. Personal checks (no starter checks) accepted up to two weeks prior to a performance when presented with a valid drivers license or state-issued ID card.
- There is an 8 ticket purchase limit for performances unless specified.
- Guests purchasing tickets at the box office must provide minimum contact information of phone number or email address.
- Tickets may be issued either contactless mobile tickets or traditional paper tickets.
- Guests arriving at the Box Office day of the performance who have lost their tickets may have their tickets reprinted with the presentation of proper ID that matches the information in the ticketing system. This reprint offer applies only to customers purchasing directly from the box office, NJPAC Priority Customer Services, and Ticketmaster. Guests who purchased tickets from third-party vendors must contact their point of sales for assistance with lost or misplaced tickets.
- When performances are canceled, refunds for tickets purchased at the box office that has been paid for by cash or checks will be in the form of checks only. Refunds for tickets paid for by credit card will be returned to the credit card used during the initial purchase.
- NJPAC does not issue refunds or exchanges in the case of severe weather. Performances are canceled only when the performer(s) cannot physically make it to the theater or the governor of NJ declares a state of emergency that specifically prohibits travel. Customers are advised on severe weather days to visit njpac.org or our social media pages for updates. NJPAC will attempt to contact ticket holders and provide information regarding rescheduling or other options. If the performance goes on, there are no refunds or exchanges.
- The Box Office remains open on performance evenings for will call and day of performance sales until after the first intermission or one-half hour after the curtain rises for the last scheduled performance of the day.
- While we appreciate our patrons, please note that at one hour prior to curtain time you may experience a delay in buying tickets for future performances.
Guests who choose not to follow the rules will be asked to leave the venue without a ticket refund.
A fee of $3.50 has been added to all tickets to offset the cost of COVID-19 upgrades and maintenance for performances taking place until December 31, 2022.
NJPAC values the safety of our audiences, artists, and staff. It regularly updates its COVID protocols and procedures based on CDC, federal, state, city, and other scientific data. NJPAC reserves the right to alter safety protocols at any time and at its sole discretion including but not limited to social distancing, vaccines/testing, masks, food service limitations, venue capacity, and entrance requirements as it deems appropriate.
Despite our best efforts, we cannot absolutely guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 while attending an event at NJPAC. Please be aware that the risk of such exposure exists in any public place or large gathering. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to this disease. Please take this into consideration before buying tickets. By visiting NJPAC you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.