Welcome to The Cooperman Center
Have you heard? NJPAC is building a new arts education and community center, right on our campus on the corner of Mulberry and Center Streets. It’ll be called The Cooperman Family Arts Education and Community Center. Designed by architecture firm Weiss/Manfredi, this three-story, approximately 53,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility will be the new home for NJPAC’s arts education programs, free performing arts programs for our community, as well as rehearsal space for artists to create new work.
The Cooperman Family Arts Education and Community Center is a hub of creativity and innovation where the performing arts are a tool for education, understanding, expression, and healing. We invite our entire community to gather here to learn, collaborate and celebrate diverse voices.
What’s Coming to The Cooperman Center
- Arts training for kids and teens, in jazz, hip hop, poetry and theater
- Professional development for educators
- Technical theater training for students
- A black box studio for education and community programs
- Rehearsal spaces for both professional and community arts groups
- Space grants for community non-profits
- Arts & well-being programs
- And more to come!
submit your ideas
What would YOU like to see at The Cooperman Center? We want to hear your ideas about what will make this space an asset to our city and useful to you, your family and your community. This project won’t be complete without your input. Visit one of our upcoming community conversations or take our survey below.