Students who are selected for the City Verses Summer Camp will:
- Participate in 3 hours of workshop/lecture style sessions Monday-Friday in the following format
- Week 1 – Composition Intensive
- Week 2 – Jazz and Poetry Composition Collaboration
- Week 1: Introduction to the cross-disciplinary collaboration process of jazz poetry. Majority of time will be spent with faculty and students in their specific medium (jazz or poetry), learning the building blocks of composition within each area.
- Week 2: Building off of the fundamentals highlighted in Week 1, students will be paired in small groups to explore and create their own original work, guided by faculty.
- At the end of each week, students will be invited to participate in a casual, open-mic style performance among their peers and instructors.
- 10-11:15 – Morning lecture
- 11:15-12:15 – Break and independent study
- 12:15-1:30 – Afternoon workshop
City Verses Summer Camp Timeline:
Timeline subject to change due to the COVID-19 outbreak
July 20, 2020
July 31, 2020
August 3, 2020
August 10, 2020
August 3 – 14, 2020
August 14, 2020
Week 1 (jazz or poetry intensive)
Week 2 (jazz and poetry collaboration intensive)
City Verses Culminating Virtual Performance