Performing Arts Focus:
Visual Arts, Music, Dance
Language Arts/ Literacy, Math, Social Studies
21st Century Skills Addressed:
Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
Participants are guided through a moving, musical pallet of Arts Integration activities using visual art as a teaching strategy and catalyst for creativity. Through an exploration of artworks, creative movement and rhythm building techniques, participants exercise imagination, collaboration and creative problem solving to express their impressions of two-dimensional art forms embodied and connected to each other.
- Provide a usable strategy to bring back to the classroom.
- Provide a framework for scaffolding arts activities.
- Show how culture influences the field of visual arts.
Integration of multiple academic areas of study can be used to:
- Engage students.
- Advance techniques.
- Alter or expand practice.
- Influence educational setting and experience.