Date: October 25 – November 7
Venue: Streaming virtually on demand
Package A: Schooltime Lite – $75.00 per classroom
Package B: Schooltime Deep – $125.00 per classroom
Performing Arts Focus: Theater
Curriculum: Visual Arts, World Languages, Social Studies, Theater
Teacher Resource Guide
Presented by Mexico Beyond Mariachi
This bilingual/bicultural musical explores the traditional Mexican holiday of Día de Muertos using traditional regional music and dance. Twelve-year-old Vita Flores thinks her family has gone loco planning a celebration for deceased loved ones. Why throw a party for the dead? But when a spirited candy skeleton suddenly springs to life, Vita finds herself on a magical, musical journey to unravel the true meaning of Día de Muertos. Along the path, you’ll meet many colorful characters who show how The Day of the Dead is much more than a party—it’s a celebration of life!
What you get:
- A private link with streaming access to film on NJPAC website
- Teacher Resource Guide
- Virtual Q&A with artists
Package A: Schooltime Lite Performance Video Rental includes:
- A link for the Production video rental.
Each video will be approximately 20 minutes in length in order to support the challenges of virtual learning.
- A link for a Q&A discussion with members of SUGAR SKULL! A Día de Muertos Musical Adventure.
A pre-recorded Q & A for students to connect with the artists, learn more about their lives and their work. Schools will receive a google form link to ask questions to the artist. The pre-recorded link will be provided after the video rental time.
- Teacher Resource Curriculum Guide created to unpack the themes and curricular ties around the documentary.
Package B: Schooltime Deep -Performance Video Rental includes:
- Includes everything listed under Schooltime Lite plan plus: Two 1-hour live-streamed workshops** with an NJPAC Faculty member, one prior to the performance and one post-performance, to unpack the themes and bring the lesson plans featured in the Teacher Resource Guide to life.
Audiences will be able to stream the video online for the full duration of the rental period.
(Classroom size: max 25 students)
In-School Residencies You May Also Enjoy
Storytelling Through Drama