WBGO DJ Felix Hernandez kicks off a summer of fun with his famous Rhythm Revue Dance Party. He’ll spin classic soul and R&B, from James Brown to Aretha Franklin to Marvin Gaye and more. It’s fun, it’s free and most important of all—it’s funky. So bring your family, your friends and your dancing shoes. We’ll see you on July 13 for the first Horizon Sounds of the City concert of the season.
Everyone’s invited to our famous FREE outdoor concert series, every Thursday from July 13 – August 24. The whole neighborhood gets together for a dance party with a festival atmosphere, located in Chambers Plaza on the NJPAC grounds. Grab a bite or a drink from our local vendors … dance along to our mainstage headliners … and party the night away!
Access into and out of the concert space will be at select, controlled locations. Please follow posted signage to these two areas designated entrances. One entrance is located near the NJPAC Rotunda entrance, across from Military Park, and the other is across from Mulberry Street.
Backpacks and bags will be searched upon entry.
Covid Protocols are subject to change and may be enforced at entry.
In the event of inclement weather, updates will be posted on njpac social media, or announced live from the stage.
- Small bags and backpacks (17” x 12” x 10”)
- Factory-sealed bottled water for personal consumption
- Single, Collapsible chairs
- Wheelchairs, medical scooters
- Push strollers for children
- Handheld, personal-sized umbrellas
- Coolers – including small and large coolers
- Outside beverages (except water)
- Wagons, pull carts, or rolling bags, packs, etc.
- Glass bottles and/or containers
- Personal Tents, shad canopies, or sport-brellas, etc.
- Beach or pole-style umbrellas
- Inflatable items.
- Promotional items
- Athletic games, hula hoops, Frisbees, kites, etc.
- Large chairs with rocker, footrests, side tables, etc.
- Other personal transport devices (i.e., skateboards, Segways, hover boards, go-peds, etc.
- Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space.
- Video and audio recording equipment
- Unauthorized vending or solicitation
- Weapons of any kind, illicit drugs, and other contraband
- NJPAC reserves the right to prohibit items not included on this list but deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the security staff