Legendary MC Kurtis Blow takes the stage at Horizon Sounds of the City. Considered one of the most influential founding fathers of hip hop, his hits include “Christmas Rappin’,” “The Breaks,” “Basketball” and “If I Ruled the World.” Bring your best breakdancing moves for this night of old-school hip hop on August 10.
DJ Wallah (Hot 97) welcomes the crowd and introduces opening act performances by NJPAC Arts Education alumni, faculty and students of our Hip Hop Arts & Culture program.
Everyone’s invited to our famous FREE outdoor concert series, every Thursday from July 13 – August 31. The whole neighborhood gets together for a dance party with a festival atmosphere, located in Chambers Plaza on the NJPAC grounds. Grab a bite or a drink from our local vendors … dance along to our mainstage headliners … and party the night away!
Access into and out of the concert space will be at select, controlled locations. Please follow posted signage to these two areas designated entrances. One entrance is located near the NJPAC Rotunda entrance, across from Military Park, and the other is across from Mulberry Street.
Backpacks and bags will be searched upon entry.
Covid Protocols are subject to change and may be enforced at entry.
In the event of inclement weather, updates will be posted on njpac social media, or announced live from the stage.
- Small bags and backpacks (17” x 12” x 10”)
- Factory-sealed bottled water for personal consumption
- Single, Collapsible chairs
- Wheelchairs, medical scooters
- Push strollers for children
- Handheld, personal-sized umbrellas
- Coolers – including small and large coolers
- Outside beverages (except water)
- Wagons, pull carts, or rolling bags, packs, etc.
- Glass bottles and/or containers
- Personal Tents, shad canopies, or sport-brellas, etc.
- Beach or pole-style umbrellas
- Inflatable items.
- Promotional items
- Athletic games, hula hoops, Frisbees, kites, etc.
- Large chairs with rocker, footrests, side tables, etc.
- Other personal transport devices (i.e., skateboards, Segways, hover boards, go-peds, etc.
- Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space.
- Video and audio recording equipment
- Unauthorized vending or solicitation
- Weapons of any kind, illicit drugs, and other contraband
- NJPAC reserves the right to prohibit items not included on this list but deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the security staff