WBGO DJ Felix Hernandez kicks off Horizon Foundation Sounds of the City with his famous Rhythm Revue Dance Party. He’ll be spinning classic soul and old-school R&B, from James Brown to Aretha Franklin to Marvin Gaye and more. It’s fun, it’s free and most important of all—it’s funky. So bring your family, your friends and your dancing shoes, and we’ll see you at Chambers Plaza on July 14.
About Horizon Foundation Sounds of the City
Our famous FREE outdoor concert series brings residents together every week in Chambers Plaza. It’s a dance party with a festival atmosphere—and you’re invited! Grab a drink at our outdoor bar. Feast at NJPAC’s NICO Kitchen + Bar or nearby food trucks. Meet, mingle and move to the music.
Access into and out of the concert space will be at select, controlled locations. Please follow posted signage to these two areas designated entrances. One entrance is located near the NJPAC Rotunda entrance, across from Military Park, and the other is across from Mulberry Street.
Backpacks and bags will be searched upon entry.
Covid Protocols are subject to change and may be enforced at entry.
In the event of inclement weather, updates will be posted on njpac social media, or announced live from the stage.
- Small bags and backpacks (17” x 12” x 10”)
- Factory-sealed bottled water for personal consumption
- Single, Collapsible chairs
- Wheelchairs, medical scooters
- Push strollers for children
- Handheld, personal-sized umbrellas
- Coolers – including small and large coolers
- Outside beverages (except water)
- Wagons, pull carts, or rolling bags, packs, etc.
- Glass bottles and/or containers
- Personal Tents, shad canopies, or sport-brellas, etc.
- Beach or pole-style umbrellas
- Inflatable items.
- Promotional items
- Athletic games, hula hoops, Frisbees, kites, etc.
- Large chairs with rocker, footrests, side tables, etc.
- Other personal transport devices (i.e., skateboards, Segways, hover boards, go-peds, etc.
- Inserting stakes, poles, or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. to reserve space.
- Video and audio recording equipment
- Unauthorized vending or solicitation
- Weapons of any kind, illicit drugs, and other contraband
- NJPAC reserves the right to prohibit items not included on this list but deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the security staff