Join us for a variety of virtual dance workshops in celebration of Kwanzaa. Movers of all levels are welcome!
West African Dance – Explore traditional African dance with a contemporary flare in this full body workout featuring live musicians. Get ready to sweat and have fun!
- Sandella Malloy – Raised in Charleston, SC, Sandella Malloy is a dancer, teacher and choreographer. For over twenty five years, she has served as the Artistic Director of Harambee Dance Company which she co-founded with her husband, Frank Malloy.
Capoeira – Join us for a multigenerational and multilevel virtual workshop on the Afro-Brazilian martial art capoeira. The class is designed to encourage self-expression through movement, music, strategic thinking and structured play.
- Jana Burton (Contramestra Amazonas) – Jana Burton, also known as Contramestra Amazonas, is one of the highest-ranking African American women in capoeira in the U.S and has been a featured teaching artist in capoeira philosophy, movement and song across the country as well internationally in the Caribbean, South America and Africa.
Afrobeats – Get ready to learn Afrobeat steps infused with West African, hip hop, jazz, funk, and dancehall choreography! Come break a sweat that you won’t forget with the rhythms of popular music from Nigeria, Ghana and across the African continent.
- Adeola Fashina – An educator with over 15 years of experience, Adeola Fashina is a renaissance performer and director of an arts-based afterschool program titled Expression Through Our Lenses. She is delighted to teach Afrobeats at NJPAC for the third year in a row.
Liturgical – In this spiritual session you will learn tangible tools to experience religious connection through dance.
- Kandice N. Point-Du-Jour – With over 21 years of experience teaching in the NJ public school system, Kandice N. Point-Du-Jour is dedicated to providing students with a high quality dance education. Kandice is a member of Agape Family Worship Center Pastor Lawerence Powell where she serves as the director of the dance ministry.
Caribbean – Experience an upbeat dance fitness class filled with the sounds and movements of the Caribbean! You’re guaranteed to have a great time and burn calories while you’re at it.
- Stephanie Antoine – Since 2014, Stephanie Antoine has been a licensed Zumba instructor with a passion for women’s health and empowerment. She is the proud owner of Dance Fitness with Stephanie, LLC where she serves the community as a Health and Wellness Coach, and is also licensed in STRONG Nation (HIIT), Cardio Kickboxing, and Xtreme Hip Hop.
Generous support Leon and Toby Cooperman.